[Notice] The Announcement of Winners and Awards Ceremony of The 4th India South Asia Graduate/Undergraduate Thesis Competition
The Announcement of Winners and Awards Ceremony of
The 4th India South Asia Graduate/Undergraduate Thesis Competition
Since its establishment in 1995, Institute of Indian Studies (IIS) of Hankuk University of Foreign Studies (HUFS) has been conducting comprehensive and systematic research on South Asia including India.
To raise awareness of India and South Asia on regional studies and to encourage the development of creative and future oriented young talent who will lead the growth of regional studies in India and South Asia and to promote academic development, for the past four years, IIS has held the thesis competition for college and graduate students every year.
This year, the fourth thesis competition was held. The winners of the 4th thesis competition have been decided and will be announced as follows.
○ Grand Award (1): certificate with three million Korean won (3,000,000)
* Class vs. Ethnic Voting: Voting Behavior of the Other Backward Class in 2014 Indian General Election (Oh Ha-seok)
○ Excellence Award (2): certificate with one million Korean won (1,000,000 won)
* A Study on Sustainability of India’s Non-Aligned Movement Using ‘Balance of Threat’ Theory (Tak Hyun-sam/ Cha Jun-ho/ Choi Rak-young)
* Analysis of the causes of farmers' protests in India against three agricultural laws: Based on land reform, green revolution, and open economy policy
(Lee Da-sun/ Kim Tae-eun)
○ Commendation Award (3): certificate with 500,000 Korean won
* The Indian Stray Dog Problem: Is There a lacuna in the existing legal framework? (Akshar Jindal/Nalin Arora)
* Success Factors of MNCs in India: A comparative analysis of Hyundai and Ford in the automotive industry (Lee Seung-a)
* The Relationship between The Taliban Government and Pakistan, India, and China after The Withdrawal of US Troops-Focusing on Islamic Fundamentalist Movements and Terrorist Threats to each country- (Park Hye-an/ Lee Sang-hyun/ Jeon Woo-jin)
※ The prize money is paid by deducting the tax bills.
Congratulations to the winners, and we would like to express deep encouragement to the other applicants who did not win this award. The thesis competition is held every year, so please try again next time. The 5th thesis competition will be announced in August this year. If you need a paper assessment referral, please send me(email@example.com) an e-mail.
The awards ceremony for the 4th thesis competition is as follows.
Date: March 25 (Fri) 11:00 a.m. (Seoul Standard Time)
Venue: The Conference Room on the 11th floor of the main building of Hankuk University of Foreign Studies (Seoul Campus)
Foreign winners should calculate the time difference and access the URL below.
* 11:00 a.m.(Seoul Standard Time) = 7:30 a.m.(New Delhi Standard Time)
If you are unable to participate, please contact the person in charge in advance (firstname.lastname@example.org).